White Horse

White Horse

A Novel

Book - 2012
Average Rating:
Rate this:
"White Horse" is the first book in an absolutely unique debut trilogy - a post-apocalyptic thriller chronicling one woman's quest to nurture those she holds dear against the backdrop of a shocking, new world. Thirty-year-old Zoe wants to go back to college. That's why she cleans cages and floors at GeneTech. If she can keep her head down, do her job, and avoid naming the mice she'll be fine. Her life is calm, maybe even boring, until the end of the world when the President of the United States announces that humans are no longer a viable species. On her journey, Zoe comes to see that humanity is defined not by genetic code, but by soulful actions and choices.
Publisher: New York ; Toronto : Atria Books, c2012.
ISBN: 9781451642995
Characteristics: 306 pages ;,24 cm.


From the critics

Community Activity


Add a Comment

Jul 25, 2012

An extremely dark story about the end of the world brought about by.. that's the question the books seems to be seeking. Zoe, which means life in Greek, is the main character, she is trying to maintain her humanity in a world where there is none. The story is told in the past and the future switching back and forth in time. It keeps you interested if only to see how things turn out. I'm not sure if I want to read the next in the triology though.

Jun 16, 2012

90% of the world's people are dead from a DNA altering virus. Zoe is unaffected and fights for her life while the rest of the 10% survivors try to kill each other. Interesting story, though some presented mutations are not biologically possible to be viable. It's never explained why Zoe is immune. Ending is weak. Easy but disturbing reading.

Age Suitability

Add Age Suitability

There are no age suitabilities for this title yet.


Add a Summary

There are no summaries for this title yet.


Add Notices

There are no notices for this title yet.


Add a Quote

There are no quotes for this title yet.

Explore Further

Browse by Call Number


Subject Headings


Find it at my library

To Top